Actually we’d have to disagree! Digital marketing support comes in all shapes and sizes, from some help with social media, to a fully managed digital marketing service. Unless you know what you’re doing it’s easy to put across the wrong message about your brand. As a business you put a lot of work into drawing clients in, but then risk putting them off, if your digital plan isn’t up to scratch. We all become so embedded in our own brand, that we sometimes don’t spot things that a fresh pair of eyes could pick up on straight away.
So what are the benefits of putting into place a digital marketing plan for a small business? Unless you’re the local councillor, you’re unlikely to be able to meet and network face to face with the amount of people that you could through digital channels. In fact 80% of consumers use the internet! The key factor to bear in mind is that if you’re not online, you can be sure that your competitors are.
Credibility and online presence is key, so if you’re not easy to find online, how are customers going to find you and seek your services?
A robust digital marketing plan will enable you to;
- Review your current digital marketing channels, is your website reflecting your services, optimised for google search and consistently branded? Are you present on the relevant social channels for your brand?
- Focus on your competitors, what message are they putting across, how present are they online?
- Plan content for your website, blog and social channels.
- Expose your brand far and wide, increasing your visibility on a national or even global scale.
- Engage with your clients seamlessly, finding out key insights into your consumers, enabling you to target your audience more efficiently.
- Gain feedback on your brand by either direct feedback or social listening.
- Track your efforts either through Google Analytics or analytics via the social channels.
We hope we’ve explained why it’s essential to have a digital marketing plan in place as a small business! If you’d like to have an informal chat with us about your digital marketing, please just give us a call. We’re happy to work with any business, in any sector from one man band to much bigger. We love getting to know our clients and their business. Ultimately, we just want to help you gain more online visibility!